Sade's Child Comes Out as a Transgender Man

While “Soldier Of Love” singer Sade isn’t one to share much of her personal life with the media, her only child Mickaila “Ila” Adu took to Instagram to share an important announcement: He has began transitioning from female to male.
According to BlackGirlLongHair.com, with a needle and sun emoji and the hashtags #yaaassss and #proud, he wrote that he’s excited to start his
treatment (which will most likely begin with testosterone injections).
“Today is the first day of the rest of my life,” he exclaimed.
Prior to his transition, the 20-year-old was an out lesbian.
Ila isn’t the only R&B singer’s child to transition. In 2014, R Kelly’s then 14-year-old child Jay came out as a transgender man.

“[My mom] was like, ‘Baby, you know I love you if you were bi, gay, [lesbian], you name it and I would still love you so much,’” Jay wrote on his Ask.fm page.
“She was very proud of me, I was like, ‘Thank you mom for accepting the fact that I’m a transgender.’" Hopefully Ila will receive that same type of love and support at home. Either way, he should be commended for speaking his truth and living life on his own terms.

Comments