David Beckham achieves title of People’s “Sexiest Man Alive”

David Beckham - after gaining the status of universal superstar, devoted husband and down-to-earth dad of four, now is this year's Sexiest Man Alive. Beckham tells PEOPLE, “It's a huge honor and I'm very pleased to accept.” Although he's been a sex symbol for nearly two decades, the self-effacing soccer icon isn't sure he's even deserving of the mantle. "I never feel that I'm an attractive, sexy person," he says in this week's
cover story. "I mean I like to wear nice clothes and nice suits and look and feel good, but I don't ever think of myself that way." Still, when Beckham shared the news with his wife, fashion mogul Victoria Beckham, 41, she was totally on-board. Beckham said withb a shy smile, “I would hope that she feels this way about me all the time anyway! But she said, Congratulations! We kind of laughed about it with the boys and the boys kind of laughed at me and said, 'Really?! Sexiest man alive? Really?”

Comments