MOVIE: ‘THE VISIT’- BIODUN STEPHEN SHARES HOW SHE CONCEIVED THE IDEA

Biodun Stephen is a writer, producer, and Radio/TV presenter who anchors ‘Whispers’ on Rainbow FM every Saturday morning, writes TOFARATI IGE. She is also the producer of soon-to-be-released bloc-buster movie, ‘The Visit,’ and in this chat with E24-7 MAGAZINE, she reveals how the idea for the film came about. In her words, “Shortly after I finished school and wanted to come back to Nigeria, I thought of doing something that I could afford which will all be set in one location and wouldn’t have more than four members of cast. I was trying to build a story
around that, and that’s where it started from. I then shared the idea with Mr. Chris Jeyifo of Koga Studios, and he liked it. He eventually funded the project and gave me my first shot. He believed I could do it, and he gave me the go-ahead. It took us 14 days to shoot the movie, and the rest as they say is history.”
On how her journey as a movie producer started, she had this to say, “I’ve been an actress for quite some time, and I have always written screen-plays. It initially started as just talent, but I decided to go back to school to make it a skill. I went to the London Academy for Film and TV to study Film Production and Screen Writing.”She continued, “Before work on ‘The Visit’ was concluded, I had written a script called ‘Birth-mark’ which was produced by Rock Studios, and I associate-produced it as well. It is currently on Iroko TV, so you can call that my second movie. I am also working with Koga Studios to produce another film, and I can assure you that it’ll be fantastic. We’ve not gone into production, but we’ve been working on it for about a year now.”

Comments