‘I’ve Never Done Drugs’: Leonardo DiCaprio Reveals Why He’ll Never Be Like Wolf Of Wall Street’s Jordan Belfort



The Oscar nominee reflects on his rough childhood
He may be known as one of the most famous hunks in the world, but in actual fact Leonardo DiCaprio has insisted that despite his bachelor lifestyle he has managed to stay well clear of the darker sides of Hollywood.
And while child stars like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber may be becoming victims of their own success, Leo has revealed that growing up in a rough neighbourhood surrounded by drugs and prostitution has put him off ever steering down that downward spiral which so many have fallen to.
He’s currently nominated for every award going for his remarkable performance as broken banker Jordan Belfort in the drug-fuelled, sex mad ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’, but the Hollywood hunk has said that, in real life, he couldn’t be further from his Oscar nominated role.
Talking to the Los Angeles Times, the 39-year-old admitted: “There was a major prostitution ring on my street corner, crime and violence everywhere.
“It really was like Taxi Driver in a lot of ways. I grew up very poor and I got to see the other side of the spectrum.”
“I’ve never done drugs. That’s because I saw this stuff literally every day when I was three or four years old. So Hollywood was a walk in the park for me. I’d go to parties and it was there, and yeah, there’s that temptation.”
Meanwhile, Leonardo DiCaprio is hoping to scoop his first Oscar for his role as Jordan Belfort in the Martin Scorcesse epic, ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ where he’s up against Christian Bale, Chitwetel Ejiofor, Matthew McConaughey and Bruce Dern for the coveted gong.

Comments