What David Really Thinks About Those Matching Outfits

DAVID BECKHAM has revealed that while some of his most famous - and outlandish - matching ensembles with his wife Victoria in the Nineties seemed like a good idea at the time, he might not partake if it were now."They were right at the time," he said, adding that the infamous black leather outfits the style-savvy couple wore was "not my idea". "The leather outfits, actually it could have been a lot worse that evening because we were walking out the door and I was like, 'Why don't we arrive on a motorbike?'" he joked. "Obviously back then it felt like a good idea, but now talking about it would have been absolutely ridiculous. I'm not saying I regret them because at the time they
felt right but now I'm not so sure."
These days, the former footballer has other sartorial concerns, such as his 18-year-old Brooklyn raiding his wardrobe, as well as getting a number of tattoos.
"There's absolutely nothing I can say," he told James Corden on the final night of the chat-show host's stint London with his Late Late ShowreportsThe Daily Mail. "He's got two, he was counting the days down until he was 18,' he said. "Four days before that he was with his girlfriend in Paris and one of my friends called me who was looking after him and said 'Look this doesn't come from me but Brooklyn's in a tattoo shop with his girlfriend'."
"He'd always promised me and I'd said to him your first tattoo I wanna be there just to experience it as a dad," Beckham continued. "That was the deal so when my friend called me and said that I Facetimed [Brooklyn] and said 'What you doing mate?' He said, 'I'm just going for dinner,' and I was like, 'Are you sure?' and he said, 'Actually Dad I'm in a tattoo shop I was thinking about getting something, I'm with my girlfriend.' I was like, 'OK you're more than welcome to have it but remember you promised me and I'm your dad and I would feel really upset if you went through with it.' So he didn't and thankfully he waited.

Comments