Selena Gomez Cancels Australian Tour


 


Singer announces she's calling off dates of her Stars Dance Tour to 'spend some time on myself.

Right before it kicked off in Vancouver in August, Selena Gomez made it clear to MTV News that her Stars Dance Tour is not just a tour, but "a giant rave." And now, it seems, she's taking a breather by cancelling the Australian leg of the tour.
A rep for Gomez confirmed the news to MTV News on Thursday (December 19).
"My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them," the "Come and Get It" singer said in a statement. "But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be."
Gomez was originally supposed to make five stops Down Under: in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
This is Gomez's first world tour. In between stops, Gomez has also made time for a Thanksgiving halftime performance at Cowboys Stadium and an "X Factor" performance of her ubiquitous "Slow Down." Back in July, the singer told us she wanted to have her fans "exhausted" by the end of each Stars Dance show.
"The tour is going to be really fun. I also want them to be exhausted when they leave my shows, because I want it to be like a giant rave," she said. "I wanted it to feel like a show, so it was always fluid with music, so we're having a really fun time experimenting with different beats and sounds and remixing some of my old songs, so I think they are going to be really excited."

Comments