Do we detect a rivalry? Julia Roberts claims Jennifer Lawrence is 'too cool' for the unofficial title America's Sweetheart.

     


Julia Roberts has long been considered America’s Sweetheart.And perhaps the star has been feeling a little protective over the title.The August: Osage County star has revealed she believes 23-year-old Jennifer Lawrence is too edgy to hold the unofficial title.
 The 46-year-old Oscar-winning actress told MTV News: 'How many are there of us? She shoots flaming arrows. Is this a new cupid tactic?'

She jokingly added: 'My card is expired and I didn't get a new one. I think she's fabulous, but she seems cooler than me. Isn't she too cool to be (America's sweetheart)?'
'People should understand that there is nothing tremendously unique about me. I have this tremendously unique job, but we are looking for the same thing, which is to be understood, honored and loved. I hate the pedestal feeling, the fake heralding,' she said.

The Erin Brockovich star has moved away from the spotlight since starting a family - including eight-year-old twins Hazel and Phinnaeus and six-year-old son Henry - with 44-year-old husband Danny Moder.

She revealed that she no longer recognizes her old self and prefers to spend most of her time with her family.
She said: 'Danny and I do not work at the same time, so I'm able to be really devoted to my home life, then when a job comes up that really attracts my attention, I commit to that.'

Jennifer was only 22 earlier this year when she won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her work in Silver Linings Play book.

Julia was a 22-year-old young actress in 1990 when her hit film Pretty Woman with Richard Gere was released.

Comments